The retreat is designed to compliment the confirmation experience already in place at the local church not replace it. Register your group with the form by clicking here on this link.
This event is a good fit for confirmation classes just starting, nearing the end of the confirmation experience, or somewhere in between. Take this opportunity for youth to be with other's going through the confirmation to experience the gift of United Methodist connection as well as the beauty of being a part of the body of Christ.
Each year's retreat is unique, as adjustments are made to best meet needs of the groups participating. Please let us know what is most needed for your youth and/or difficult for you to cover in the confirmation experience on your own. Leadership for group sessions is shared among church leaders giving leaders a chance to share their gifts and youth to hear different voices. Leaders accompanying youth on the retreat are asked to contact Jane Petke at the camp with questions and to discuss the retreat more fully (contact info below).
What others have said about this retreat:
"Our group grew so much closer and enjoyed learning more about the church together."
"Making stoles and the worships were a highlight."
"It was really meaningful to meet new people and find out more about our religion."
"The activities around the social principals and the Wesley Quadrilateral were great!"
- This retreat is a group event, please register as a youth group and plan to provide a gender specific chaperon for every 7 youth using the group registration form.
- A health form is required for every youth and adult participant. Forms must be left at camp, so if you need them for your travels please make a copy before camp.
- Please plan to check-in at camp between 6-7 pm. Please call the camp if you plan to arrive to camp before or after this time. Since arrival times will vary, you will be responsible for your own dinner before you arrive. Dinner will not be served at camp on Friday. Click here for directions to camp.
- The retreat will kick off on Friday at 7 pm.
- The retreat will conclude Sunday at noon following a closing worship. Sack lunches are provided to offer flexibility on your travels home.
- We are asking youth and adults to "unplug" from electronics during the retreat and "plug" into a time with each other, God, and nature. Please help your group prepare for this by asking them to not pack cell phones, i-pods, etc or leave them in the vehicle when they arrive.
- Spring in the mountains can mean many things. Please use the provided packing list to be best prepared. LINK
- Group leaders and chaperons are asked to contact Jane to share your group needs and leadership interests. This will help us shape the schedule.
- During the retreat all adults are asked to be fully engaged with the youth and help provide supervision.
- Due to the nature of group events, it is important that all roster changes be communicated in a timely fashion. When a cancellation occurs, a substitution of the same gender is possible while additions of campers or changes of gender may not be possible since these changes impact housing assignments.
- For registration information please contact our camp registrar: 503-802-9214 or email@example.com
- For program or camp related questions, please contact Jane Petke, Suttle Lake Camp Director (541-595-6663 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For road conditions call 511 or check http://www.tripcheck.com/